Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Helpful Sites

I'm blogging from a train the trainer workshop for the Alabama Learning Exchange.   ALEX has a new tool available to Alabama educators called "Learning Assets."  A Learning Asset is a strategy a teacher chooses to actively engage students in learning a concept or skill using a digital tool/resource.  This resource is helpful for finding strategies to help teachers meet learning objectives.  To utilize this tool, go to http://alex.state.al.us and click the "Learning Assets" tab.  You may search by content and grade.  It's a treasure trove of tech tools.  You'll find everything from videos to webquests to podcasts.  Please email me if you need help navigating ALEX.

This afternoon, I attended a session about web based tools.  One of my favorite sites for creating word clouds was AnswerGarden.  In this site, the teacher creates a question and students answer with a word or small phrase.  It's very similar to other word cloud sites, like Wordle, but I found it to be so super user friendly that it became one of my favorites.  You may find this at http://answergarden.ch.

Please let me know if I may help you in any way!

Shannon








No comments:

Post a Comment